About the Breed
The genetic makeup of a F1 Bernedoodle is 50% of each parent; 50% Bernese Mountain Dog and 50% Poodle.
A F1 Bernedoodle can be low shedding, however, it is the percentage of Poodle genetics that create a dog to be hypoallergenic and low to non-shedding. This means a F1 Bernedoodle is less likely to shed. The life expectancy of an F1 Bernedoodle is 13-17 years.
F1 Bernedoodles often have the desirable tri-color coat inherited from the Bernese parent, or a black and white (parti), sable, sable/brindle coat. These dogs require routine brushing, monthly bathing and quarterly grooming.
The increase in Poodle genetics outcome boasts:
- A longer life expectancy, 13+ years
- Low to no shedding and hypoallergenic
- Many F1b Bernedoodles have the distinctive Bernese mountain dog coat. They also come in black and white (parti), sable, sable/brindle, tri-color phantom, and the very rare all phantom coat.
- Our dog’s life expectancy increases because of the Poodle genetics reducing the overall size of the dog, our F1b Bernedoodles weigh between 35-60 pounds.
- F1b Bernedoodle tend to have either a curly coat, or a wavy coat. These dogs require routine brushing, monthly bathing and quarterly grooming.